"I'm Jus Sayin" is an urgently honest often humorous approach to life's issues as I see it!

Monday, October 21, 2013

Day 17

Day 17 October 20th

1.)    What are your spiritual beliefs and how do they impact your relationships/relationship status?

Let me revert back to my answer on Day 8. “Five things that are the most important to you in a future mate.” Number 1 on my list was Christian!

“Christian – Hands down no questions asked! If we can’t pray together, we can’t lay together. It’s extremely important to me that my mate be spiritually grounded. I believe my husband should and will be the head of my household, so if he has no relationship with God I have to wonder who is leading him. I can’t entrust my life or that of my children to a man who can be easily consumed by society. I need him to be strong enough to stand alone when necessary, and I speak from experience when I tell you that can only happen with faith.”

I cannot entertain a romantic relationship with someone who does not have a relationship with God. I’m not super-duper spiritual, stuck on denominations, or the rules of religion. However, I do have a strong faith and belief system, upon which I rely heavily. Relationships are hard enough as it is. Two different people, from two totally different backgrounds and up bringing’s,  with different points of view and interests coming together to become one is a recipe for disaster without a solid foundation. I can, have, and will compromise on a lot but my partner’s faith is not an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment